Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Minimize SQLBASE on restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagual1

IS-IT--Management
Jul 9, 2004
US
I use veritas backup exec with the command to stop centura sqlbase before the backup and restart after the backup, when it restarts, the window is displayed on the desktop, how can I have it restart the service and be minimized? Thank you

If you use sqlbase 8.x you can find in the server sql.ini file a section [dbnt1sv.gui]
in the entry
MAINWIN=MIN,267,208,757,560

you can set with
MAINWIN=MIN ( minimized window )
MAINWIN=MAX ( maximized window )

or do you mean that the sqlbase window should be hidden ( no console )?

Oliver

I'm using sqlbase 7.5.1. I looked in the sql.ini and there is no dbnt1sv.gui section and no place where mainwin exists. I was mainly interested in having the thing start minimized, but if it can be started hidden (no console) that would be even better. Thanks

Try to use the SILENTMODE keyword in sql.ini:

silentmode
Turns the display for a multi-user server on and off.
Warning: If you turn off the server display, there will be no visible window and you cannot
shut down the server with Windows Task Manager. The only way you can shut down the server
is through SQLTalk or the SQLBase API.
This keyword is optional. Configure this keyword in any server section of SQL.INI.
Default value By default, multi-user server displays are on (0).
Example To set the display of the server screens off, specify:
silentmode=1

Oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back