Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

minimize outlook to system tray

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfc1003

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2002
US
How do I set Outlook to minimize to the system tray?

I am deploying it as a software package with a transform file.

Anyone know of a way to set this up so Outlook automatically starts with login in a minimized state in the system tray?

I think I got the start up part of it, but the only thing I can find on the system tray issue is to edit the registry in the "current user" section. Well, unfortunately this part of the registry section called "outlook --> preferences" does not even exist on my Windows XP clients after deployment.

Thanks for any tips!

Jason

Forgot to mention, Outlook 2002 is being used

Try this faq under e-mail issues. I think it is what you are looking for.

faq605-1570

Okay,tis works great on my laptop

My problem is none of the clients have this in their registry.

It stops at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0
The outlook folder is not there. Do I need to create an Outlook\preferences folder so I can do this?

The folder is in my registry on my latop, but all of the clients at work received Outlook 2002 via a deployment package and transform file. Any ideas why they dont have that entry, or how to add it? I have gone throught the transform file options, but I didnt catch nay settings that would have disallowed this entry

Thanks!

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back