Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Minimize Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkshpntf

MIS
Apr 19, 2007
US

I have two forms.

The first form is like a login form. The users enter data like their name and click on an openform button that opens the next form.

Is there a way to that when the openform button is clicked on the first form, the first form minimizes as the second form opens?

I tried using doCmd.minimize but it minimizes the second form instead of the first form.

Minimize the first form before you open the second form.

Randy

randy700,

Yes, once the user clicks the openform button (which opens the second form), the first form minimizes.

The openform button does two things (1) opens second form and (2) minimizes first form.

Thanks for your response,

mrkshpntf.

You meant this, I guess:
The openform button does two things (1) minimizes first form and (2) opens second form

I figured it out.

Exit_OpenForm_Click:
DoCmd.OpenForm "Form1"
DoCmd.Minimize
Exit Sub

Thanks for you responses.

mrkshpntf

Code:
Private Sub cmdOpenFormButton()
    DoCmd.Minimize
    DoCmd.OpenForm "Form2"
End Sub
Minimize the first form before opening the second form.

Randy

Why are you minimising the form? Why not just close it?

"Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children."...Bill Hicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back