Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mini mac server turns itself off

Status
Not open for further replies.

max8699

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2006
AU
Hi All,
we have a mini Mac server running osx 10.9.5
It has started turning itself off every night, if i go into System Preferences - energy Saver - Schedule, there is a setting to turn off everynight at 6pm is ticked. I have tried removing that tick but when i close preferences and reopen them again the turn off every night at 6pm is ticked again.
Any suggestions how to set this to stay turned on, it's annoying to have to start the server every morning.

Regards
Max
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Hi Rick,
thanks for that I tried what it suggested in the Article but same result this morning, still had to start the server.

Regards
Max
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I know this isn't a fix but while we are looking for a solution this may be something to do that will keep you from having to start your server every morning:
That KB will show you what I'm sure you already know, how to create a startup time when your server is off. At least then it will come back to life before you get to work. If that setting holds, then you also know that your scheduler service is saving your entry even after a shutdown.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Also, something interesting in that article is that if your server is in Sleep mode, it will ignore the shutdown command. Maybe remote in and set it to sleep over the night and wake it back up in the morning. Still looking for an actual fix as well..

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Thanks DRBob, i know about the schedule that is the issue it is set to shut down and even if i deselect the shut down, go out of preferences then go back in again the shut down is selected again.
Another interesting thing if i remote into the mac mini via screen share and i just quit screen sharing instead of logging out it seems to not shut down. It was still on yesterday morning and same this morning, still running and the shut down selection in schedule is still off.

Regards
Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back