Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mini Carrier remote T1 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbake828

Technical User
Sep 11, 2006
US
I'm troubleshooting a T1 issue with a Mini Carrier remote. I can go off hook and make 6 calls. My 7th call gets dead air. I can't make out bound or station to station calls. AT&T says the circuit is fine. I run errors and after 3 hours the span goes down.

look at your counters in ld 60 and see if you are taking hits?

Also make sure this is not a fractional T1 allowing you only the first 6 channels and the rest provisioned for data.

two problems, mini carriers don't show up in 60 and they will not come up on a fract t... plug into the faceplate interface and check at that point.... both ends need to have the same settings on the local and far end card.. if you have csu access you can do the same from each of those

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

TAnselm, it is a full voice point to point T1. It is not a fractional span.

John, all setting have been verified multiple times. I've got 2 sites.

Site A is functioning fine. I can have 10 simultaneous calls going.

Site B has 18 phones. I can go to each phone and make a single call successfully. If I put up 6 simultaneous calls, there is no problem. The minute I place the 7th call I get re-order. It seems like a span problem to me but AT&T says everything looks fine.

What about comming in? Can there be more than 6 calls?

I had a similar problem to this once. I ended up pulling the cards at the Local end powering down the remote end. Putting the cards back in the Local end and powering up the remote.

If I remember right the channels didn't lineup when you went in through the CLI on the carrier and other things were acting funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back