Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Min' screen resolution and button help 2 q's in one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleMortis

Programmer
Jan 28, 2003
AU
I've been playing with making a web site in flash. I've made the stage 740*440 so that it can be viewed on the smallest screen resolution, but on larger screen res' it's right up in the top left corner. Should I just leave it at the smallest res' or make it the next largest?

The next one is about buttons. I've never had trouble making them before but I've recently been playing with flash mx and not the usual flash 5. I make individual buttons and clicked on one to edit, but when I added text, all the buttons changed to that text. What's with that? They were all created seperately and were on different layers. Any help is appreciated.

thanks
uncleM

One common solution to the resolution issue is centering the content, so while small resolutions don't have to right- scroll, larger resolutions see the site nicely in the middle.

As far as those buttons are concerned, to compensate for that, I usually just make movieclips with button event-handling. That way, i can make the most out of flash by making some neat mouse-over and -down animations.

Hope that helps,
Mike

Sounds like you copied and pasted your buttons. So what you got is several instances of the same library item (so when you change one they all change). Best way around that is rather than copy and paste, use "Duplicate" in the Library panel (Ctrl+L), rename the new library item, and then drag that item to the stage.

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

Thanks msteggo and pixl8r, I don't think I copied and pasted but stranger things have happened with me and flash, lol. I'll see how I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back