Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Min Max Mean In Access 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElmoFringby30

Programmer
May 24, 2001
US
I have a figure (Ex: 45 +/- 5 ), how can I have this come out on a query or report as: 40, 45, and 50.

Elmo,
If I am understanding you correctly:

SELECT field
from table
WHERE field between 40 AND 50

Is this what you are asking?
jm

Sorry, the (45 +/- 5) is an example of one column of data, which would be hundreds of lines long (with different numbers). I would like Access to read this (45 +/- 5) and place it in 3 new columns to show 40, 45, 50. The name of the columns would be Min Mean and Max.
Thank you for your help.

Sorry, the (45 +/- 5) is an example of one column of data, which would be hundreds of lines long (with different numbers). I would like Access to read this (45 +/- 5) and place it in 3 new columns to show 40, 45, 50. The name of the columns would be Min Mean and Max.
Thank you for your help.
Elmo

This may be a bit clunky, but it seems to work -

If the name of the column were Value enter the following into the Query grid (in separate columns):

Column1: Int(Left([Value],InStr([Value]," ")-1))-Int(Right([Value],Len([value])-InStr(InStr([Value]," ")+1,[Value]," "))) AS [Min]

Column2: Int(Left([Value],InStr([Value]," ")-1)) AS [Mean]

Column3: Int(Left([Value],InStr([Value]," ")-1))+Int(Right([Value],Len([Value])-InStr(InStr([Value]," ")+1,[Value]," "))) AS [Max]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back