Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MIMS Connector 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

oz1

Technical User
Sep 11, 2000
AU
Can any one give me details on how this work. What do I need to do to set it up?

MIMS Connector is the MIMSX.DLL in the middleware directory.
You can use it from and COM compatible language which is just about anything on a pc.
Although MIMSX appears to be part of the 4.3.1.2 client distribution, Mincom charge extra for "connector" licence.
Comes down to - if you pay them, they will provide the documentation.

Yo, Oz.

Mincom Connector = MIMS Connector = BOC, Its been thru a few names, but its the same thing.

Mincom Connector allows programatic access to MIMS/Ellipse's application layer. (MSK's and MSO's) There are a few different technologies, but I primarly use the ActiveX (COM) version and make it talk to MS Office (VBA). Its easy.

What you need its the SDK. It contains the Docs, Samples, and a few tools that help you write apps. Specifically if you want to write apps that use MSK's (Backend Business Objects), you need the Object Repository Browser. For MSO work you'll need to find out the field names with something like scred.exe,

Peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back