Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migration Optivity-Sun Net Manager to Optivity-NNM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sferrero

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2002
ES
Hi!:
I have being using Optivity NMS over Sun Net Manager, and now I would like to migrate to HP OV NNM. Does everybody know if there is a way to migrate my old map to the new platform... without creating it again of course ;o) ?
Thanks in advance

Wow Sun-net Manager... No there is no way to migrate your map from sun-net manager to HP Openview NNM. It is constructed in a very different way. How large is your network ? If you want more help, let me know, i have plenty of NNM experience to help

Hi!
Thanks for your response.
Really, I have a NNM ask for you... I think it is a easy one ;o)
I would like to monitor my network, and it is a large one.. so I only want a router map, and no networks included on it.
When I discover the router, also the networks appears and if I delete the network the router deletes too ... buaaaa
Is there any way of making a router map only?
Thanks in advance

Hi again,
The answer is yes, and no ! You cannot delete the networks. As you found out, deleting the network ,deletes the router !!
Are you autodiscovering ? or inputting a seedfile of routers ? Either way , once you have discovered the devices, you can use the View > Hide Objects menu item to hide all the networks, and then you probably want to group the routers into regions or customers ? In that case you can Edit > Add > Location. Add a box called London or UK , then you can drag and drop all your routers for that region into the box. Hope that helps

Hi NMSman!:
And thanks of course...
Yes I have seen that routers deletes too :-(
I have tried to use a map filter but it doesn't work as I would like... I try not to display networks but if I do that routers doesn't appear or it seems to be unmanaged...
The main problem is about licenses... does networks simbols count as a "node" for licensing?
At first we tried autodiscovery but know we are making the map without it, manually creating router symbols only... of course networks and segments appear automaticaly :-(. We are placing them into router symbols until we know what to do with them... We have a main map with main routers and other location objets... Any solution?

Thanks again

Steve,
You have to discover networks and segments, there is no way of filtering these out. As i say you can hide them once you have been discovered. I am pretty sure they do NOT count towards your node limit. So its just devices discovered not networks and segments that add up. You can see the number of nodes currently in the database by right-clicking on the IP Internet icon on the top level and selecting object properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back