Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migration from 5.5 to E2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

trimelater

Technical User
Jul 15, 2002
US
I am in the process of planning on migrating 5.5 to E2000. I have migrated all end users to Active Directory which end users get authenticate through the server.

As of now, all end users are off the NT 4.0 PDC and on W2k. All end users are still using Exchange 5.5 from NT 4.0 to get their email.

Now, my question is, why would I want to migrate the Exchange 5.5 users to AD using AD connectors? Will this obtain all the security which will keep all the database intact or migrated over?

What I really want to do is do a clean install and keep all database intact to save time and error. Is that a good idea or not?

Right now, I am totally clueless

[pipe]
Trimelater

AD Connectors enables the user account for the mailbox.

You can do a drop in of the database (make sure Exchange 2000 doesn't have a Service Pack) but its several steps that have to be done perfectly. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Thanks, I will take that into consideration

[pipe]
Trimelater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back