Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrating to 2003 from 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdecrypter

IS-IT--Management
Aug 18, 2005
US
I am trying to migrate my 5.5 to 2003 from one server running Win 2000 server to another running 2003.

I cannot get the ADC to connect on port 390. I changed it in 5.5 but the ADC still refuses to connect. I get error: c103aa1d Unable to contact the exchange server, please ensure that your connections are configured correctly.

I know the connection between the two servers is fine because i can telnet from the 2003 to 2000 on various ports fine. It will not telnet to port 390 though. I have tried various other ports as well. The Win 2000 machine is NOT a Global Catalog server, but it is a DC.

What am i missing here? I did all the pre-steps to getting to the ADC portion of the migration. The domain account im using has full enterprise, mail, schema and all necessary rights needed to connect and make changes.

Anyone have any other ideas?

no one? yea, because this one is impossible to figure out.

With older configs, you can get really stuck, in which case I tend to revert to the manual migrate by using ExMerge.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

LDAP Port change
1. Open The Microsoft Exchange Administrator Program
2. Expand Site name
3. Expand Server
4. Expand Protocols
5. Double-Click LDAP (Directory) Settings
6. Change Port number from 389 to 390
7. Ensure Protocol is enabled and click OK
8. Restart Microsoft Directory Service

THEN you can do dcpromo.

This comes from my build documentation when I upgraded my server from 5.5 to 2000 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back