Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrating mailboxes from 5.5 to 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmanyoung

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2002
US
I've created a new domain and plan to migrate 10 users to this new domain. AD is setup and exchange 2003 is installed. Both the exchange 5.5 and exchange 2003 servers are Windows2000server. The users are moving to a new domain with AD. What is the best way to move these users' mailbox. Both domains are trusted.

Can I run exmerge on my new exchange 2003 server and pull the data over? TIA

10 Users I would defintetly use exmerge and do these manually. Just remember to keep a copy of the extracted files safe.

Spot on with your thoughts there!

Good luck,
Iain

Thanks for the reply. Would I run Exmerge on the 5.5 exchange to export and on the E2k3 to import? I've read that it is a good idea to run it on a "dedicated management station", which would do both export and import? How is most admins using this tool? TIA

Well I installed Exmerge on both machines. One to export and the other to import. My problem here is that the original mailbox name is different than the new mailbox name. How can I just move the data over without associating it with the same account name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back