Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrating groupwise 5.2 on Novell 5 to groupwise 6.0 on Windows NT 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

msp

IS-IT--Management
Sep 24, 2002
US
I wanted to move the groupwise 5.2 on Novell 5.0 to groupwise 6.0 on eDirectory 8.6.2 for Windows NT 4.0.
can you provide me the detail documentation related to it and grafting groupwise objects.

Mukesh

I would recomend you use Win2K Advanced Server and not NT4.0 Brent Schmidt CNE, Network +
Senior Network Engineer

Why do user go into a panic when a NetWare server goes down, but accept it as normal when a Windows server goes down?

I would recommend taking one step at a atime. Go from one operating system level to another, until your NW is at least NW 5.1. Then bring up the DS to 8.62, making sure to perform the upgrade as closely to Best Practices as possible. Now you can bring up the Windows 2000 AS (good recommendation provogeek)into the Tree. From there, upgrade your GW in place on the Netware box, and then move it to the final home on the Windows 2000 AS.

If you never separate your OS or your DS by more than one major revision, you stay away from lots of problems.

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back