Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrating from sx2000 to Cisco

Status
Not open for further replies.

iptuser

Technical User
Apr 16, 2003
GB
I haven't touched a Sx2000 for years. Did the admin1&2and ARS courses but not used one for 8+years. I need to extract some use details, ARS,speed dials etc- usual stuff
From memory you use to move the vt150 terminal to the back of the perph cab, if I remember using the j6 remote maintenance db9 connector on the back - is this correct?
Since most sites I'm going to won't have any local terminals just bt Race and I need to save the files, I need to use a laptop - do I just need a db9 to rj45 convertor and connect to my laptop via j6 db connector ? Again I previously used procomm plus but is this available still on win8 if not can I use hyperthermial or putty with the keyboard set at vt100
Thanks

If you connect to a per cabinet then you are on the active plane if redundant. You can also connect to the control cabinet. I would have 2 connections if possible, one connected to the printer port and the other for output control. You then could formprint and capture

Hi Thanks for the reply. The real question was how to connect a laptop to the remote port on the sx2000. Can I use hyperterminal and set up the USB as comm port 1?
Can I access the cli using ctrl q. As I said I haven't touched an sx2000 in about 8 years and then it was via the vt110 terminal or remote

2000L
Connect via com port of pc using hyperterminal using db9 maintenance port on main control.
Setup port, VT100 with 8N1 9600 Baud
Ctrl W to refresh screen if the desktop screen does not build try 1200 Baud.
command MA for maintenance
command CU for cde

from maintenance screen use formprint and setup pc to capture screen
FOrmprint <form name> /INSTANCE n (ALL) /PORT LPR3
ENable Print /Nonqueued
Ctrl c to terminate printing

Hi, that worked, thank you. How do you capture a form on a laptop or copy it to a file. I entered in the form commend but it tried to print to 'my default' printer. How do you set up a screen capture?

I believe LPR1 is the console so if you direct the print there, be ready to capture.

You may need to clear the previous print queues though.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks I give that a go

E.G For per s c a lpr1-will this show up on my laptop? . I managed to obtain the data I need
Acouple of questions
How do I obtain the hunt group pilot,info? In the group forms it ask for the hunt number, is that the pilot- if so how do obtain the pilot dn's if I know nothing about the system?
For the pug, I started from 1,2 etc onwards
Many thanks

I used to do a receive ascii text file with a decent timeout value with procomm. Started the capture the issued the fo print. BTW still use procomm under win 7 for some things, Also you could do a google for hyperterminal pe and find sonmething that would work.

Haven't needed to do this in a while, might be able to do something similar with putty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back