Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

migrating from linux to exchange 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

morpheusmuh

Technical User
Nov 8, 2002
GB
Hi there does any one know what i need to consider to migrate from a linux mailserver to exchange 2003? i have no knowledge of linux whatsoever apart from basics, any help would be appreciated.

"PAIN IS THE MOTHER OF CREATIVITY

a frontal lobotomy would be my recomendation if you realy want to downgrade :)

lol!!lol!! oh gosh i havent stopped laughing since i read that, but comon someone must have done!!!???

"PAIN IS THE MOTHER OF CREATIVITY

It is my understanding that Exchange is generally compatible with the IMAP protocols. Depending upon your linux implementation you could use a breadth of IMAP migration tools "out there" to migrate email and folders from one system to another.

Similarly, there are probably some utilities out there from Microsoft (for a fee) that would permit you to accept a file per linux user in a certain format for import. I haven't a clue, but it's a fairly common transformation between linux MTAs. My guess is that Microsoft has adopted something as a means to take away business from someone else's platform.

Now tell me again why you want to do this?

D.E.R. Management - IT Project Management Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back