Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrating Data from SQLServer to Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

srvu

Programmer
Apr 29, 2008
US
We have got a new project in which we have to use Informatica 8.1 for migrating all the data from SQLServer to Oracle.

So, for migrating the data should we import each and every table into Informatica and perform several different Mappings for all the tables present in SQLSERVER??

What about stored Procedures Present in SQLServer should we rewrite them in Oracle??

Kindly Suggest me the best procedure

How many tables are involved?

You say you have to use PowerCenter - then you will have to import the source and target tables and make maps to move the data between the servers.

What version of sql server are you using? You might be able to do a direct connection between the databases and transfer the data that way.

If you expect the stored procedures to run in Oracle, you'll have to convert them too. There might be 3rd party software that will do that for you.

"I think we're all Bozos on this bus!" - Firesign Theatre [jester]

Source data is in SQLServer2005 and target is Oracle 9i.

Any way Thank u so much for all your suggestions

You can use the integration services (formerly DTS) to move the tables. If you have a lot of tables, maybe there's some 3rd party software that would take care of it.

"I think we're all Bozos on this bus!" - Firesign Theatre [jester]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back