Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

migrating computers in using ADMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bake33

MIS
Feb 3, 2003
US
hello i have a issue with migrating computers using the computer migration wizard in active directory,the name comes over however nothing else does no files,printers,desktop settings,mapped drives nothing :i have checked these things during the wizard but i get a access denied can anyone help? thanks in advance

you can run subinacl directly against a server to migrate registry, NTFS, etc. after using ADMT to duplicate user accounts between domains.

thanks for the reply will this work from winnt4.0 domain to win2000 domain also will it bring over desktop settings,mapped drives,and any documents? also will i have to visit every machine to achieve this. i know this is a lot of questions however i am new to this and it has been dumped on me with a 60 day window to complete help!!!!!!!!

Thats a loaded question that varies greatly depending on the size and setup of your existing environment (number of servers, operating systems used, number of users, WAN/LAN, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.).

The water keeps getting deeper all the time!!!! is there a piece of software available that will assist me in this adventure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back