Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrating/Backup of Media Manager Database to another server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMEnnis

Systems Engineer
Dec 16, 2022
NZ
We are building a new server for a customer and need to migrate the Media Manager to the new server. Looking at the backup process it requires the restore server to have the same details as the backpacked server.

In our case the new server while the same version has a different IP address.

Any help is much appreciated.

You can back-up just the Media Manager DB using an FTP server. You have to login using the 7070 port. Took me some time to find it, but there is a video in youtube that explains how to do it. it uses "babyftp" as the ftp server.

Thanks ill see if I can find it :)

Warning: There's a reason Avaya don't support FTP for backup/restore. It fails as often as it works. Despite its simplicity, there is actually a lot of variation between different implementations of FTP. Using HTTP is much more reliable.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Thanks sizbut

My biggest problem is I need to restore it to a different (new) instance of the IPO server.

We are deploying a fresh server with a new IP address.

I really just need the Media Manager database.

What version of IP Office. For R11.1 Avaya started encrypting the files and the information in the database.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

R11.0.4.7.0 Build 6

We are going to upgrade to the latest R11.1 after the data has been migrated to the new server.

FYI we are moving form an appliance to Virtual (ESXi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back