Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrate Settings to New Server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pszoke

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2003
US
We are replacing the server that ISA runs on before it dies. Is there any kind of white paper or a step by step way that any of you have seen that explains how to migrate the settings from the old ISA server to a new server?

ISA has a backup and restore option. It doesn't save everything, but it does save most of the settings. I wiped and reinstalled my ISA server using the backup and restore options and it saved A LOT of time. Search microsofts knowledgebase for isa backup and restore and ou should find more detailed info on this. That is where I got my info.

Someone within Microsoft created this unsupported script "ISAExportImportScript.vbs". I've used it an it works well. I believe I initially found out about in on this site earlier.

RobinZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back