Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrate BOE to new hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmonroe6

Technical User
Aug 26, 2005
US
Howdy!

I need to migrate my existing BOE installation to a new server. Is there an easy way to do this? Any gotcha's to watch out for?

Thx
Ken

Hi,
It will depend, somewhat, on what database you are using for your CMS and how easy it is to move it and still retain the data.
The BOE servers are bound,in most cases, to the host server name so they will need to be recreated but be sure to have the FRS point to the correct location of those existing files ( or to the location you are moving them to).

I would probably create a new BOE install on the new hardware and use the import utility to obtain the existing objects..You can use your existing CMS or create a new one.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

It's using MS SQL Server, but that's on a different machine from the BOE XI install.

Hi,
That makes it a little easier, actually - just 'point' the new CMS server to that database.
Are your FRS directories also on some other server or will they be moved to the new hardware...If so, replicate the structure exactly so that the existing Report IDs will still work.

[profile]

Not sure what FRS (report servers?) is but I understand what you mean about duplicating the folders.

Thx much

Hi,
FRS ( File Repository Servers - the Input and Output servers, as a group)

In the Servers tab of the CMC you will see them identified as such..

[profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back