Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrate Aloha BOH

Status
Not open for further replies.

elproducto

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2012
US
I am helping a friend with his BOH computer at his bar. Currently the BOH computer is having issue with the modem where processing stops and the only way to fix is to power cycle the modem and process all the CC that where processed offline. I believe the cause of this issue is a faulty hard drive. The computer is running Windows 2000 and randomly it prompts "the drive is not ready" whenever you try to do thing intermittently on the computer. I would like to make a Windows XP computer the BOH computer and move all the setting to this new computer. What would be the steps needed to install and migrate existing data to the new computer? Also they do not have the Aloha install CDs is there any way to get my hand on Aloha version 5.2? 5.2.8.224 to be specific. Finally we would like to move away from using the modem for CC processing, is this possible via current version? They are processing through NDC currently.

Thanks for any help.

Be a friend and advise your friend to read up on PCI DSS rules. His POS software and BOH computer must be updated if he is to continue processing credit cards via the POS system. Win 2000 is dead. Ver 5 is dead. The trouble may be; will any Dealer risk helping you to re-establish a POS system that is processing credit cards despite obvious PCI DSS violations. If your friends checkbook is light then I suggest you unplug that modem and get stand-alone credit card terminals from the CC processor and cease processing CC's through the POS system. BTW Win XP expires in April of 2014 so I would move the BOH computer to Win 7 or your friend will have PCI DSS issues all over again in approx 18 months. Not trying to break onions but your friend appears to be ignoring his responsibility as a credit card merchant to protect card holder data.

Yeah I made him aware of his lack of PCI compliancy a while back. They are selling the business in January and do not want to spend anymore money on the business. All there other locations have the latest version of Aloha running. They just want to have the BOH at this location continue working. I found a folder on the server name Aloha CD but it does not seem to have the necessary msi to install Aloha all is see is SetupPOS.exe and for some reason it keeps stating that SetupPOS.exe has detected there are not any Aloha applications currently installed. I think it must be an upgrade CD. Would anyone have the 5.3 CD available. I guess my next option would be to P2V this server and run it virtually.

Are you still looking for a CD and if so which exact version do you need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back