Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrate 5.5 to E2K or wait for Titanium???

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliciaJ

MIS
Aug 29, 2001
US
'Lo all -

I'm on 5.5 right now and tenatively planning on going to Exchange 2000 next year.

As I hear more about Titanium, I've pondered skipping E2K and just waiting to upgrade from 5.5 directly to Titanium.

Here's a bit of history:
This year, we are migrating five NT4 domains into a single AD domain. We'll be done by the end of the year. Our plan was to go to E2K next year. We have about 2700 employees, across several states, but all in the US. We have 6 email servers with info stores, in six different 5.5 sites, but one 5.5 organization.

Would you guys suggest waiting for Titanium - or going ahead and upgrading to E2K as our original plan?

MANY THANKS!
aliciaJ

I would stick with your plans. Why? Because you will be the first to encouters problem and probably costing the complany more money then expected. Stick to the safe side.

Trimelater

From credible source, I've heard there will be no upgrade path from Ex5.5 to Titanium, so you'll have to go to Ex2000 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back