Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrate 4.0 Database to SDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimGuyUK

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2003
GB
Am I missing something obvious. Ive searched the help files and ran through the forum here but I cant actually see how to start a database upgrade to SDS.

I upgrade to MCD 4.0 and the SDS was enabled within System Options. I have run the database check and changed the reported umbers to local numbers.

One document was pointing to the Network Elements form and start sharing but all I have in there is is add/change/delete with start sharing and sync greyed out.

Where am I going wrong guys.

Thanks

Tim

Don't start sharing until your upgrades are completed

Have you followed the Database Migration procedure??

You then need to use the network element form. Select a system to sync with and then Sync will become available.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

The database migration steps is what I'm missing. Or. There's something not displaying on my forms after the upgrade.

Can u give me a run down. I'd be very greatful.

Tim

If your system is release 4 then there should be a form that has the migration. Checklist

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

If you upgrade to SP4 then the nice and simple checklist and form will be there. This was only on on 4 but you can still migrate the database from other service packs. I will try and find a site of ours running 3 or lower and let you know how to do it, can't remember off the top of my head.

Hey I have got that form. Brilliant. Thanks. Thats what I needed.

The steps say that I will loose console access while migrating. Will the phone system actually go down during this time too.

Ive got 200 phones here and all of them have PCs on passthroughs. Everytime I do an upgrade I wipe out the site. Its soooooooo annoying.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back