Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS XC 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptstechnician

Vendor
Jun 28, 2006
US
I know the documentation recommends two Fiber Combo cards if two DTI cards are installed, but has anyone successfully used one Fiber Combo card?

Negative. You only need 1 clocking source. Almost all of my installs have 1 Combo card. Horsefeathers!

Adversity is Opportunity

We have always used two combo cards. we have tried one and calls go out into lala land. The system will run alot cleaner with 2 also.

I personaly am not sure why two is better but I know it is from experience.

Support Our Troops

I'm not sure if it matters that it is an XC vs. NA but we have never used 2 either. Always only 1 combo card and never had issues.

War Eagle!!

Unless there is super high traffic and you need the DTMF receivers, for clocking you need 1.

Adversity is Opportunity

dewy is correct the only thing the second combo gives you is more receivers to distribute the calls to the proper location. If you do nt take alot of inbound calls then you should be alright with just 1 combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back