Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS XC 6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norstarguru

Vendor
Mar 4, 2002
US
I have a MICS XC6.1, Installed new last night, When I install both 6 port combos the system goes into confige failure warm reset recycle power, and keeps looping and never coming up I pull out the second 6 port combo in slot 1 and it comes up fine, has anyone heard of this problem.

norstarguru

I have ran into this before. I am not sure but I believe that with any XC software there can only be one combo card. I do not know why but that is what I have ran into in the past

If you have MICS XC software then you should be able to have both 6 port combo card with no problem at all,the only way you could have the config failure if you have STD s/w not XC so I advice to check your s/w version under maintenance,maybe by mistake its not XC or its deffecive s/w,thats my opinion.

Good Luck!

I have seen this done before, but it's a waste of a good combo card. The system only needs one combo to handle all 3 DTI cards it can support. Maybe it's just being fussy or maybe it wants a NTBB06 for the second card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back