Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS XC 5.0 Won't reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clearlines

Technical User
Oct 22, 2004
CA
Hi everybody

I recently purchased a MICS w/ Rls. 5.0 XC s/w. The KSU has a T1 card, LS/DS card, 6 port exp. cartridge, and a 6 port COMBO card.

I want to remove the 6 port exp. cart. and swap (move) the COMBO card in its place.

No matter what I do, the KSU goes "In Maintenance" and will not reboot no matter what. I even left it in that state overnight with no success.

If I put it all back together again in its original configuration, it will reboot properly. Well almost, it will reset the programming and start again at Jan. 1, XX.

Does anyone know how to reset the KSU so I can swap the 6 port exp. card out?? I was also hoping to upgrade the software to Rls. 6.1 (not XC however).

Many thanks in advance.

Camille
Clearlines Tel. Co.
Vancouver, BC

put all back to original hardware config..reboot do at startup "feature ** startup" at the applying template propmt disconnect power ...remove old software and extra 6 port and install new software with the 1 6 port reboot...hope this helps...not a normal senario\\...if comes up with new "non xc "do anther startup ..this time let it go thru to reintialization

If you get it fired up with original configuration, find out which ext is the alarm set. Change it to the ext number you have hooked up. Power down and remove your cards. Power back up and your set will say hardware change, cold restart, say yes. It will come up with new hardware setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back