Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS w/7.1 will not initialize same with 7.0 on different KSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddeberry

Vendor
Oct 2, 2003
US
I have a new MICS with 7.1 S/W. While trying to bring it up for the 1st time, the phone (any T7316e phone on any port) will blink as usual the studder blink. When the set studder blinks the buttons below the volume bar flash then the set goes back to normal blinking for a few blinks then studders again. I have shorted the CAP on the back plane and still have the same results. Get this I have a spare KSU with 7.0 S/W and have the same results there. It matters not which software in which cabinet the results are the same. I have attempted to do this with only software installed and nothing else as well. Any ideas????????????????

Good call Rik. Sometimes you look over the simplest troubleshooting.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

First sentence first post states any phone any port.

I dont know how long you gave it the first time to boot but 30 minutes I would give it.
But since you put in 7.1 then 7.0 you may have corrupeted it now.

Short the cap on both the back plane and also the one in the NVRAM, put a line card in, put 7.0 in and give it lots of time to boot, if all is well and boots up then power down then put 7.1 in and give it lots of time.

You can also try another NVRAM and repeat above.

Otherwise bad KSU or NVRAM is my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back