Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS w/7.1 will not initialize same with 7.0 on different KSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddeberry

Vendor
Oct 2, 2003
US
I have a new MICS with 7.1 S/W. While trying to bring it up for the 1st time, the phone (any T7316e phone on any port) will blink as usual the studder blink. When the set studder blinks the buttons below the volume bar flash then the set goes back to normal blinking for a few blinks then studders again. I have shorted the CAP on the back plane and still have the same results. Get this I have a spare KSU with 7.0 S/W and have the same results there. It matters not which software in which cabinet the results are the same. I have attempted to do this with only software installed and nothing else as well. Any ideas????????????????

Is this a normal phone boot up blink that never ends? Or is it a fast blinking red light on the LCD and red lights on the mute, handsfree and headset buttons?

This is a first time boot up. The phone blinks normally for about 15 cycles then there is a studder blink. At that time the the leds below the volume bar flash then the normal boot up blinking returns. This cycle continues on and on without the system ever coming up

Sounds like you are probably using the same NVRAM cartridge that is no good or holding old programming from old software on both systems

No sir this is two separate brand new s/w packets that have never been used.

Try booting up the system with no software or NVRAM for about 2-3 minutes. Then power down and reinsert the 7.1 and new NVRAM cartridge. Are you doing an upgrade on an old system?

This is supposed to be an all new system. Wireworks went to see if he has an older s/w version. If it works then maybe we do not have a new system. We will a no s/w boot up first.

Was it packaged in a Nortel box with serial number on it?

That I do no know. It was on the wall when I arrived on site

We are having the same problems with 2 different KSU's and two new s/w packs

Have any of you ever ran across this before???????????

OK the system was new in MORTEL box. It is V2 NVram. The system was tried without software and then with s/w and nothing has changed.

It could be a bad KSU, just sounds unlikely but it has happened before. Truthfully it sounds like what happens when you dont upgrade properly or when you try to downgrade software. (God knows I had to learn that the hard way)

And the short answer to your question is yes, i have ran into it before when i installed a 5.0 cartridge by accident and then tried to put a 7.0 without an upgrade tool

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

I find it odd that this would happen to what is supposed to be a brand spankin new system. It would seem to me that if you have virginity on behalf of both the system and the s/w, that they should be able to mate with no problems the first time.

No reset button on the KSU. If both are brand new out of the box then it is most likely a bad KSU.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Or a bad set. Did you plug in a different set, or did you use the same one to test on each cabinet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back