Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS VM NAM "Out of Space"

Status
Not open for further replies.

steamup

Technical User
Aug 10, 2001
US
Callers wanting to leave a message receive this audible response from all mailboxes on system-

"no room for more messages"

MICS VM NAM
LABEL 1
*TMRI 10298*
SPP 102 APPLICATIONS MODULE II
3.0,10A 01000016747 MODEL 6

LABEL 2 [W/BARCODE - 41R57180785]
NT5B74RF-93 R0681493
03/31/93 VM 3.0 MOD 2MS

I have checked:
1000 - gen del - 0 new 0 saved
1002 - system mgr - 0 new 0 saved

Press REC soft key on either = display reads 'out of space'
Press REC soft key on any mailbox = display reads 'out of space'

Can one user mailbox max the whole system and cause 'out of space' condition? .....VM recording is now down for this cust.

Or can this be a symptom of trouble elsewhere?

I don't know where to look next-

A memo today asks all users [60] to clean up their own mailboxes - I have doubts for successful outcome from this effort but it should be tried.

Thank you very very much for any help.

JW

To verify that space is the legitimate issue at hand, connect a printer or terminal emulating s/w on a laptop and print out your reports (1,2, and if necessary, 4&5). That will give you enough info to see if you have a legitimate storage issue or another issue (bad sectors on HD, RAM issues,...). Post what you find. Sometimes a reboot 'fixes' a service or application not running right, but, if a hd is failing, may be rebooting that mail right into the toilet.

With the vintage of this NAM I'd suspect the hard drive has developed bad sectors. If you can't find a mailbox that is bursting with saved or unheard messages, try resetting the NAM and then reconfigure. If that fails you definitely need to have the NAM repaired, or upgrade to a Call Pilot assuming you have R4.1 or higher software on your system.

Brian Cox

As a band aid, scroll through old users mb's and delete the ones not in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back