Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS Upgrade Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptstechnician

Vendor
Jun 28, 2006
US
I am going to be installing 2 CP 150's (1 for the vmail & 1 for Enchanced Call Center). If they have 4.1 now, do I or should I upgrade to 7.0? I know there are a couple of new things in 7.0, but is there a technicial reason to upgrade? Thanks.

I maybe incorrect in saying this but i believe 4.1 was the first version of software a callpilot ever worked on. I have had some issues with getting CP 150's to sync up with MICS with 4.1, But CP100's work fine. I have no idea why this is but just speaking from experiance. It never hurts, it sounds like you are going to have quite the setup going there I would upgrade just for compatibility issues. 7.0 I have never had a problem with and 4.1 is getting a little bit on the older side. Also how are the batteries in the 4.1 Software? It wouldnt be very good if you programmed the whole system and in a month it goes down and batteries dont hold programming.. Just a suggestion i hope this helps. :)

-DedMeet

If you upgrade the MICS to 7.0 then you will also need to upgrade the Call Pilot to 3.0

Hawkes is right. I assumed that the CP150's were new being they were not installed yet. I assumed you just bought and were going to install them. If they are new they will be V3.0 but yes if you upgrade to 7.0 you will need to make sure the CP's are new or v. 3.0. Thanks for catching that Hawkes..

-DedMeet

"Do What I Say, Not What I Do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back