Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS two doorphones and one DOC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljclives

Vendor
May 22, 2004
US
Have a doorphone outside a doorway with a DOC to open the door. Going to install another doorphone on the inside of the foyer for people leaving. Can that also use the same DOC to open the door? If yes how do I connect to the DOC? And of course I'm assuming I need a seperate digital port off of the MICS for the second doorphone.

You can use multiple DOCs off of one phone, not vice-versa. The DOC only has one strike output. You'll need 2 DOCs if you want to open doors from calls on the 2nd phone.

Why do you need the doorphone on the exit side of the door? Do people need to call someone for permission to exit? If you just need to electrically unlock the door, you can wire a push button in parallel with the DOC relay outputs.

If you need that 2nd phone and really want to avoid the 2nd DOC, you can set up the 2nd doorphone without a DOC. Then, to let someone out, the person answering the call can hang up, dial the 1st doorphone, and open it from there.

Thanks all. Cybershoe - your second option is probably the best in this case. Call the first doorphone and unlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back