Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS to MICS on two site VOIP Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

telpozo

IS-IT--Management
May 5, 2014
Hello,a Norstar VOIP Gateway often use as an external box that interfaces to the Norstar CICS and MICS system,on the case that two systems MICS installed on two site to link these two system together a Norstar Voip Gateway could also be use ?

Thanks,

Yes the gateway will interface the two MICS using trunk cartridges on each system and (generally) building pool O as the CDP routing pool between the systems.

I have networked two MICS like this before (two gateways), as well as a BCM and a MICS (one gateway).

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Avaya IP Office, Mitel 3300 Basic & Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint

Alright thank you Sir "Crowtalks",i know that the Norstar VOIP has 4 Ports FXS and normaly one port rj45 (ethernet port) for ip routing,as i do not have that product yet and also no conf.manual,i need to know on what port that i going to connect the MICS system phone ?

Thanks,

And also do i will need a pubilc static ip address from a ISP for NAT function (Port fowarding) ?

Thanks.

The 4 ports on the Gateway connect to 4 trunk ports on your MICS.

The four ports the analog interface ports to the MICS. I would connect all four Gateway ports to the corresponding ports on a trunk cartridge, that way you can have four simultaneous conversations going between the systems. If you can find information on the web about what ports to forward for a gateway, you might not be able to set the gateway using NAT, otherwise you will need a Public IP assigned to each gateway for the RTP traffic.

I have included a "cheat sheet" doc that was used by Nortel TS for Gateway troubleshooting, but is a great document to set the gateway up with. Hope this helps.

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Avaya IP Office, Mitel 3300 Basic & Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=0b74a7ea-a39e-4b6c-b223-8b0383f84ec6&file=voip_gateway_setup.doc
Ok great,thank you both. I 'll take a look on that document.
If i understand well once i know what port to forward for a gateway such as Norstar VOIP Gateway ,only one public ip will be need, otherwise i will need a public ip assigned to each site (eg. 2 public ip address,one for Site A one for Site B) that's correct ?
How did you proceed ?
I remind you it is for MICS to MICS .

Thanks !

Yes, public IP for each gateway that is tied to each MICS. The DNs of the MICS need to have different leading digits for the cleanest CDP network (I program H.323 in each system), and the leading digit of the DN of each system becomes the designation digit that point to that network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back