Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS T1 Integration with Cisco

Status
Not open for further replies.

BogeyShooter

Programmer
Nov 21, 2006
US
I'm trying to connect a Nortel MICS with a Cisco call manager via T1 E&M Wink trunks. The Cisco system uses 4 digit extensions and the MICS uses 3 digit extensions. I am able to call extensions from the Nortel to the Cisco but when a Cisco users try to call the Nortel, they just hear ringing. I am using routing to call out, 8 + Cisco extension. Do I need to use Target Lines in the Nortel? Not sure what I am missing.

Target lines will be needed to route all incoming calls other than analogue lines.
The received digit will need to be mapped for each extension number on an individual target line and therefore each target line will need to be added the the extension in line assignment.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

Update: I went back to try to make this integration work again. Now I can not call the Cisco. I dial my Destination Digit 8 the the Cisco 4 digit extension and the system will try to connect, time out and display "Out of Service". Here is what I have programmed in the Nortel MICS:

Hardware
Card Type = T1
Lines 25-48
Disc Timer = 460
Answer Timer = 1
CoFail = TIA-547A
I/F Levels = ISDN
Framing = ESF
Internal CSUI = Off
DSXbld = 000-100
Line Coding = B8ZS
Clock Source = secondary

Lines 25-48
Trunk type = E&M
Line Type = Pool B
Dial Mode = Tone
Prime Set = 349
Auto Privacy = y
Answer Mode = Manual
Aux Ring = N
ANI# = Y
DNIS = N

Services Routing
Route 004
Dial Out # = No Number
Use Pool B
Destination Code 8.
Normal/Night = use route 004
Absorb Length = 1

Can anyone tell me what I might be missing?

Answer mode needs to set to auto with E&M wink trunks. Also set answer with DISA to no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back