Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS T-1 choppy audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpzan

Technical User
May 14, 2016
US
Hello,

I've got a prospective customer with a Modular ICS. The system's equipped with a DTI, a 6 port fiber combo card, 2 digital station modules and 2 analog station modules. Haven't been to the site yet so not sure of the software release.

They're reporting intermittent trouble with the phones not ringing when calls come in on the main number and intermittent choppy sounding audio on calls in progress.

I'm told the phone company has changed out their equipment and even changed wire pairs to the smart jack from the street.
This is not a PRI. It's an E&M wink T-1.

I think I remember reading in a past forum that software release 6.0 is flaky and should be upgraded.

Could this be the problem?

T1/PRI were problematic until 6.1MR release. So an upgrade might be in order. 99% of the time though it is the carrier even if they say it's not. Carrier doesn't change equipment without a known problem, so I doubt they did anything.

Marv ccna

Remember to check the Alarms and Events in programming.

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Gentlemen - thank you both. I'll be going over there next week and will post back on what I find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back