Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS software NA vs. SC and 6 port fiber modules 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ky123

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2002
US
I have a ICS system that I am very comfortable programming, but expansion is causing me a problem. We have a 6 port fiber module with 4 ports currently used (2 for 0x16 SM; 1 for 12x0 TM; 1 for Voice Mail). We need to add three 0x16 SM modules. To support this we need to add an additional 6 port fiber expansion card – in reading the manual I notice that the there are two versions of the MICS 4.0 software – NA-MICS 4.0 and MISC-XC 4.0.

1)The installer guide says in several places that I need to have the XC to support two 6 port fiber expansion cards. All I can determine is that I have MICS 4.0 – how can I tell if I have the NA or the XC version??

2) The installers guide also states in one place that neither NA-MICS 4.0 nor MICS-SC 4.0 supports two 6-port expansion card. Which part of the installer guide should I believe?

The "XC" should be clearly labeled on the flash ROM card that inserts into the software cartridge on the MICS. Yes, you do need XC to support 2 6 port fibers. Make sure to use the upgrade tool to retain system programming.

Rich

OK, thanks. The software cartridge is labeled as follows:

NNTM8455 DHVC 2000/9/03
NT7B64GA 0004 REL002
MICS-DR 4.1 S/W WI 06.04

I was assuming that we had the NA version when I looked at this, but I wasn't certain since it didn't say. How can I specify the software part number for the XC software to the distributor?

The xc software is also called mega software.
the part # is NT7B83AAAH. On the second 6 port card
all you get is 4 actual ports to use. the top
two are reserved for the companion wireless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back