Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS Running SLOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norstarguru

Vendor
Mar 4, 2002
US
I have an MICS 0X32, 4 Fiber Station Mods, 1- Nam Model 8, 2 Trunk Mods, 2- ASM, 85 Phones, XC 6.1, 3- PRI.

When I get all people on the phones, during peak calling times, The system dogs down real bad 15 Seconds to make a phone call, people are making phone calls and right in the middle of making the call it just disappears off the phone, right now is busy time so all the phones are in use all day.

Anyone run into this before?

norstarguru

IT'S CALLED RUNNING OUT OF REAL-TIME, THERE IS NO SPECS THAT I'VE EVER SEEN ABOUT IT ON A N*. BUT YES I'VE SEEN IT IN ACTION EVEN GOING BACK TO 8X24 WITH DR5 SOFTWARE. MY GUESS IS THAT THE SYSTEM SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN INSTALLED AS IS, BUT THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE SALES PEOPLE THAT WILL SELL THERE MOTHER AND THEN BAIL

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

AND I (ASSUME)AND I REALLY DON'T LIKE USING THAT WORD, THAT NO ONE CHECKED TO SEE IF IT WENT PAST AN ENGINEER. IT SOUNDS LIKE THEY SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN OUT OF N* A LONG TIME AGO

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

hello, i have almost the same problem, i have a mics, 4.0, 2 t1 cards with pri, after 7 pm when we start to call alot, we get dead air and cant get a line, we have 46 lines available and even with 7 people on the phone, we cant get a line, maybe its just slow, i dont know. maybe the resolution to your problem is mine as well. thanks

Guru,
How new is your NV Ram cartrige? If your customer has been upgrading since 95, perhaps they still have an older cartrige with up to date software in it? While I can't say for sure, I've seen references to a difference in NV ram. Perhaps ITAS should be contacted to see if there is a difference there or even if there is a diff in an old generation KSU (say R1T1 rls) and a new KSU (2004)? Your complaint isn't posted here a lot so perhaps there is a logical point of failure.
Just for laughs, have you tried disabling various components until you get a system free up? Perhaps someone can suggest a way to simulate the busy period during quiet hours.
PJ could still be 100% correct and what you need is a PBX.

Cheers
PhM

is the slowing down happening on analog extensions or digital stations?
analog stations could be a dtmf resource issue ...

ya if anyone has any traffic handling capacity of the norstar can you pls post it ...

perrypj ... i dont like to use the word too ...

ASSUME = making an ASS of U and ME
thats what my first boss used to say !!

You have 3 PRI's and 85 phones.....does everyone use the phone at the same time? if so I would do a system startup and re-program from scratch only if the software that you have 6.1 was upgraded without reprogramming.....think of it as a scan disk to your PC to clear errors.
It could be that you are just using all the KSU's resources therefore it needs time to keep up.
Perhaps go thru the error logs to see if you can find anything fishy also.
Make sure the the Mods are in their right ports and that everything seems to be configured correctly.
Even changing the software or NVRAM cartridge can help but realy it's a needle in a hay stack!.
The list of things to do is long and can even include changing out the KSU or PRI cards etc.

I think that almost everyone here has had a positive attitude, the customer has invested alot over time and we did suggest a PBX to him but times are rough for many business's and he is trying to find a fix, I think I will send this to nortel and maybe they can provide some kind of solution.

The system does not do this all the time it is only when all 85 people are pounding the phones in the morning the rest of the day is fine, so he is shutting down the system and powering it up and then it works fine. The Slowing down only happens on digital extensions they don't have many analog. The NVRAM is from MICS XC 4.1 software so it is pretty recent.

norstarguru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back