Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS Ringing Continues After Line Answered

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCC1Tech

Programmer
Mar 30, 2006
US
Hello. I have an MICS with 7.0 software. We have added a new expansion cabinet, 6-port fiber card and 2 line cards. All of the new lines are causing a weird disconnect issue.

When someone answers the ringing phone, they are connected and talking to the person, but the phone continues to ring as if it were not answered on the other extensions. When you pick up the ringing line (after it has been answered at another extension), there is just dead air and it continues to ring on the rest of the extensions.

We've reviewed the programming and supervision is turned on. When we disconnect the cabinet, the original lines work fine. We have swapped out the DS cards, expansion cabinet and fiber card with different ones - but we still have the issue.

The minute we plug the expansion cabinet back in - all of the lines are effected.

We had the phone company verify the signaling is the same on the new lines as on the old.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on what to try?

just curious what type of exp. cabinet are you adding 0x16,12x0 etc. and your saying that the lines work fine until you add this exp. sounds strange...

Instead of powering off the new exp unit ...just unplug the amp cable and see if the problem goes away

Could be 'creative' wiring

The problem might be with the expansion card. Try a diff. port on the card. Expansion card problems are rare, but not unheard of.

Thank you all for your posts. Here are some answers.

It's a 12x0 cabinet.

Instead of powering off the new exp unit ...just unplug the amp cable and see if the problem goes away - we have switched the cross connect lines from one of the working lines with one of the bad lines and the problem repeated, the amp cable has been unplugged/replugged in but I don't think I've done it when it has been on.

The cards are in the system from right to left: DS card, DS card, 6-port fiber expansion card. The fiber card has the top port in use - #8.

The cards in the expansion cabinet from right to left: blank, DS card, DS card.

-This is the info on the sw card: nt7b66dc rel 01 na-mics-dr 7.0

Hopefully this gives a little more insight to the setup.

You've isolated it down to one of three things.
1) The Trunk Module
2) The Trunk Cards
3) The Expansion port

Take one of the Trunk Cards out of the KSU and swap it with a card in the Trunk Module.
This should isolate it further.

If the problem moves to one of the lines in the KSU, its the card and you can stop troubleshooting.

-SD-

try powering on the trunk module
0. without the amp cable ( i think you already did that)
1. without any cards in them
2. without fiber connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back