Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS Remote Access with Auto Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEastTech

Vendor
Jul 7, 2004
US
I have a MICS that I set up years ago. The customer use to be able to dial into the system on a specific trunk (062) and make outbound calls. I cannot for the life of me remember how I set this up however I do remember I set it up so the caller did not have to enter a COS password.

I think I just had Auto Answer enabled on the trunk and I set up destination codes in routing....ie they were using this to call vacation villas. Trunk 062 is in the same centrex group as the villas so I set dest codes to specific routes and used dial out to flash trunk 062 and send the call to the centrex number off net.

there have been many changes vis software and hardware so....

Can you set up a loop start trunk for auto answer without an E&M or services cart?

I think they may have added trunks and removed the E&M. When I call into trunk 062....I get no dial tone

Thank you all in advance for feedback.

Set up a DISA DN and give it a Remote Package.

If I set up DISA dn will I still have to use 6 digit cos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back