Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS PRI-UNWANTED DID's WITH WRONG NUMBERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetKC

Technical User
Jan 20, 2012
US
I have several MICS 7.1 w/PRI'S that customer subscibes to PRI's from Cox here in the SouthWest (the cable company). They will generally assign a block of 100 new DIDs' that the customer doesnt really need (at least right away).Is there a way for the Norstar to reject those numbers until I need to build a target? They will still all ring down to recept(221) yes/i know that is prime for all targets... annoying the recept all day with wrong numbers. I even tried to set prime on all unused targets to "none". The only way we can somewhat control this is to have the customer record the number that the person dialed and report it to LEC(COX) and have them REMOVE IT from the trunk group. My buddy with TOSHI CTX/CIX equipment said he can make callers get a busy on all new DID's until the customer actual needs a DID programmed/assigned.This one has been bugging all of us for quite a while.

Sure.

First, here is how it works.

When a PRI call comes in, the system uses the Received Number (RN) sent from the CO and tries to match it with a target line.

If there is match, the system accepts the calls and the target line starts ringing.​

If there is no match, the system checks whether there is a prime set for the channel on which the call comes in.​

If there is a prime set, the system accepts the call and the prime set starts ringing.​

If there is no prime set, the system rejects the call. The caller usually hears a recording from the CO.​

So, all you need to do is remove the prime set for the 23 channels of your PRI: Lines > [Channel] > Trunk/Line Data > Prime Set: None.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back