Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mics pri touble 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

adix

Vendor
Nov 13, 2009
US
Can rec calles can't call out
have to keep resetting the pri card in the switch.

Need more info here. Was it working at some point and then quit, or is this a new install?

How are users placing calls out?

Was on site today dial out 9 & # getting all lines bsy i then pulled out the cable from smart jack.
Then my ti card resets and we can call out.
No alms. on card.Then in 2 to 4 hours later same touble can't call out Rec is ok. TI vender see no alms,
JIM

No alarms in the 'Network Event Log'? Also, pulling cable from the Smart Jack resets your card? This is indeed strange. What s/w level is your Norstar running? There were some s/w levels that had b-channel lockup issues. When it stops working, look at the d-channel and see if that is active and if it is, what is the state of the b-channels? Telco is only going to look at DS1 errors until you move to the DS0/data group. If they are having a d-channel issue, it won't show up as a DS1 error when they test. I would look first at the s/w level of the Norstar first. Also, look at your routing and make sure dialing 9 isn't going out POTS first; that would confuse the issue.

As gforce9 says, check the "network event log". I have a customer that had errors every day at a certain time in the morning and they couldn't call out and had to reset the card. AT&T swore it wasn't there problem, but changed everything from the smartjack card out to the nearest hut. Guess what, no more problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back