Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS PRI channel monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvNortel

Vendor
Dec 8, 2012
US
Is there any way to monitor what channels are being used on a PRI and what DN's are using them? Sometimes when I have to reboot I like to be courteous and not disconnected the calls in progress. But when there are a few hundred handsets all over a big building I can't go around and check each one before I reboot or take a system offline for maintenance.

"A phone is a phone and not a computer workstation".

Everything you need is under the Maintenance > Module Status heading in programming. Once you get there, you can:

[ul]
[li]Choose a station module and press the STATE softkey to see how many stations on that module are in use.[/li]
[li]Choose a trunk module and press the CARD softkey to see the cartridges installed in that module. Then, you can press the STATE softkey to see how many channels or lines on that cartridge are in use.[/li]
[/ul]

When a module or a cartridge is not in use, you can disable it to prevent anyone from using it. When you are ready, you can restart or power down the system. When the system is back up and running, all you need to do is enable the modules and the cartridges you have disabled.

For more details, you can have a look at the Installer Guide for your system. For example, in the MICS 7.1 Installer Guide, you can have a look at the Maintenance > Module Status section.

yes thank you, once again you've been very helpful!

"A phone is a phone and not a computer workstation".

IvNortel- I think what your looking for is link status which you can find under Maintenance ad well. This will show you which b channels on your PRI that are busy.

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Norstar. BCM. CS1000 Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back