Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS OUTBOUND CALL ON PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekguy125

Technical User
Feb 16, 2006
US
I have used the FAQ on the site for setting up PRI on an MICS before and it usually goes well, but this time when I try to make an outgoing call it starts to ring after only 4 digits are dialed. This is in New York so I am dialing 1 and the area code even for local calls. For example, of course I am dialing 9 to get out then I dial 1 212 then it starts to ring and a recording says you must dial 1 and the area code first.

As the FAQ says I use 9.(any) in the Destination Code and assign Route 001, I have tried absorbing 00, 01, and ALL. All of these give the same result, however if I remove the 9. I can't dial at all.

Sorry for making this so long, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Jesse

Do you possibly have a public dialing prefix of 1 configured for 4 digits?

Biv343, thanks, I think I found what you are talking about, under Public DNs and I checked the DN length for 1, it is set to 11. Also, some new information, the provider tells us that they are seeing the 9 as the first digit. Apparently, I am sending the 9 somehow.

Thanks again, anymore suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

In the destination code absorb 1 digit then it will strip away the 9 before sending the number

Thanks for the ideas, I had already tried absorbing 1 digit actually. I am not sure why it worked like this but I had to go back to Routes, then put in 001 and clear the 9 out. After I did that it works perfectly. I don't know why it works but it does so I'm happy.

Thanks again.

If you had a 9 in the DIAL OUT under routs then yes that was your problem. Any thing under the dial out for routs will send that number ahead of whatever you dial.

Not to confuse the issue, but if users are sick of dialing the "1", you could insert it there.

In the past we have had to temp. put in a digit in the dialout digits just to get it to take the route and then just delete the digit when we finish programming.

I'm in New York too and sometimes I have the same problems. Usually what i do is remove the 9 all together and add dest codes for 91A and 9A to absorb 1. Has worked flawlessly for me for years.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

oneofthegirls,
Yes that's because it needs to see a change to the Rout before it will let you assign a Desti code to it. Another thing I do is just change the pool access on the rout, assign the desti then go back and change the rout to the correct pool I want to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back