Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS - No dialtone after moving phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

agbaxter2

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2007
CA
I am using MICS 7.0. We have the programming follow the phone, so when you move a set the extension moves with it etc. I have found that on occasion, after moving a phone, it appears to be working again (display works rings on incoming calls etc) but when you pick up the receiver, nothing happens. If you are trying to make a call, there's no dialtone, and if you pick it up when it's ringing, it just keeps on ringing. The last time this happened, our phone tech said we had to reboot the switch to have the system reset. I did it becuase we had just done a big move and a bunch of sets were affected. Today, there is one set and I don't want to reboot the whole thing if there is an easier way to do this. Any suggestions?

I've had some weird stuff happen with set relocation, also.

I'm sure everyone on this forum has. Does the phone respond at all when you press a button? If so, press f*0 and ensure that it's the correct extension, and check the button programming.

If everything looks ok, then I'd turn off set relocation, and follow exsmogger's suggestion.

I have had systems revert to default on customers who DID NOT listen to me on using Autoset relocate..SWap 2 phones at a time make sure they are working and tested for correct programming.If they work correctly then swap next 2..If they dont call a tech

Exsmogger has the best and quickest way to solve the problem. Works for me.

I'll bet they checked it too quick. You got to walk away. It's like watchin' water boil, it ain't gonna happen if you watch it.

If these are symptoms you get within 2 minutes of plugging the phone in the set will appear to come up with time and date but it is not finished booting....it will loose the display then come back and flash the buttons then time and date.

Try not to relocate the sets too fast.

If you do a lot of moving then buy a punch tool and move the cross connect to the new cable instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back