Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS-NEW CUT-PRI-CAN'T DIAL OUT??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcommusa

Technical User
Sep 28, 2006
US
Just cut over a new mics with pri-carrier=cavalier.
In-bound did calls work fine---
Out-bound time out after 6 digits....

Route 001=dialout:no #
use:pri-a

dest code=
9+any digit
normal mode & night mode
rte:001
absorblength:01

Public dn lengths=default

ANY IDEAS???

THANK YOU....

If you have 10 digit local dialing you need to change public dn length to 10 for your area code.

I'm with phoneguy427 on this one, check the dialing plan and make sure it's set to the proper digits.

Is it possible to add 1+ area code in front of a local 7 digit #?

Just noticed, you should have absorb digits set to all or none, can't remember which off the top of my head.

ive done this a thousand times if you have a dest code of 9* then you do want to absorb 1 and what you need to chg is the pub dn lenth to 10 and you should be golden...

Thanks...
The clec=Cavalier.....VOIP Dynamic circuit-PRI only.
We changed from a Telrad to a MICS.
In-bound did calls worked fine-outbound local-7 digit dialing only would go out with local area code added.
Local toll/LD wouldn't go...
It was a problem with the Cisco router on the customer prem side.
Had to go through hell getting someone that knew what they were doing from Cavalier!!ANOTHER MERGER GONE BAD!!!
The router on site is a Cisco & Cavalier had to change a
peer setting-rule 10?-to reflect site btn & 10 digit dialing.(took the guy 10 minutes-once I got someone on the phone who knew what they were doing---2-days!!!)
Once they did this outbound calls worked fine.
WORD TO THE WISE:
KEEP ON THE LEC/CLEC TO GET RESULTS-ASK FOR MANAGER WHEN TROUBLE PERSISTS...
P.S.----GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

looks like he is.

----------------------------
'Rule 29', "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less."
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Their residential isn't bad- I was getting 6Mb ADSL from them, and unlike other providers, it actually tested as advertised. I guess I'll steer clear of their business service.

In their defense, though, I just did a ATT PRI cut to an ATT VOIP PRI. The engineers involved on their end seemed lost. Before the actual cutover, I was on site 4 separate times to test the circuit, and the first 3 times they just couldn't get it right on their end.

When we actually cut over, they had lost the list of 100 odd DID's they were supposed to port, and the owner had to read them back to them over his cell. The cut took over an hour- from service down to service back up. Then, for the next week, they had trouble receiving calls from a few prefixes around town (Disconnect recording at that!). It's fixed now, but I'll have a hard time recommending ATT "VOIP" to any of my other customers.

Yes-I'm in MI.
Cavaliers customer service call center in Virginia was terrible-right up there with at&t.
Finally got a hold of a good remote tech on a Sunday-(miracle) that made the program/router change in 10 min!!!
Everybody is offering some type of shared/voip/dynamic product.Just did a cut with at&t's ip flex product-another cluster-5 at&t emplyees on a bridge call-the right not knowing what the left is doing...you would think it was a shuttle launch !!!
Have had pretty good luck with Mcleod-(now Paetech!) customer service.
None of them are perfect...it all depends on weather you are willing to fight the fight and stay on them until you find the guy working out of his basement & actually fixes things!!!

Another one I've had some luck with is CMC Telecom- They're based in Warren, but are expanding into the rest of Southern MI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back