Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS External Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvanw27

Technical User
Mar 30, 2022
US
I have a MICS (see my last post) that I'd like to feed a few analog lines into. My system has an analog line card with a few fiber expansion units as well. I have the wiring terminated for Line027, which I'd like to use as the 'test' line that'll connect to my landline, but it doesn't appear as a line on my system. Line 001-023 are all PRI, as my system also has a PRI card.

How should I go about adding Line027 to my system? If I can't do that, what's the wire pair for Line 031, as that's my fallback?

Due to European standards for T1, lines 1-30 are reserved for the first card slot (on the later versions of software, 6.0 and up?). On older versions, lines 1-24 are dedicated for the first slot and card 2 starts as line 25 instead of line 31. The 2nd card slot, first analog trunk, is always going to be 9th pair of the RJ21 - Red/Brown.

- Qz

I found a FAQ (I should’ve really just looked there first, D’oh) and figured out 031 and 033.

Actually you should have looked at the Installer Guide first as it has that info and much more.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back