Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS DR6.0 EXPANSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

telllman

Vendor
Feb 9, 2010
CA
I have a client that needs more lines so we went in and added a 2 port expander card-fiber trunk mod and caller ID card. This will activate lines 9-10-11 for them. The ports are 61-62-63.
The parts are all good but we cant get the system to see the FTM and card. I went ion to programming hardware section is good-Maintenance section is saying empty mod4. I set it up for MOD 3 and it worked for 30 seconds and stopped. Not sure what to do... My hardware works in the office switch in the lab we have so I know my parts are good. I cat remove the 2 port now from site as the system says reset-cold if I take card out. I think the clients KSU is bad not liking the expander...

Well its ok to swap 2 port cards as an FYI in case its the card is faulty.
Make sure those fiber connectors are in tight both ends or try another cable.

I think MOD empty means no cards in it so try another trunk card, one from KSU perhaps.

Bring a 0X16 in to test the 2 ports as well.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

The cards all work fine in my lab- 2 port-ftm-cid and fiber cable. Do you think I should still try again ?

Tough call

Personally I have never had this issue aside from a bent pin on the backplane, check for that too.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thanks Sir

I am going there tomorrow and will look for a bent pin- I am going to put in a 6 port and see if that jogs it a bit all I need is one port to work to run the new fiber trunk module....

Thanks for the help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back