Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS DISA

Status
Not open for further replies.

sscott1234

IS-IT--Management
Aug 2, 2002
US
i just recently activated the disa feature on one of my 0X32 w/ pri. as usual, the installers guide is very vague about what the feature can do. manuel states you can access 'some of the norstar features'. does anybody know exactly what features you can and can not access remotely? so far i have only been able to dial out and page. why you would want to page remotely i havnt figured out yet. installers guide states to dial a ''*' and the feature code, but i keep getting rapid busy for features like call pickup. also i cant seem to dial extensions or the target attendant once into the disa. when calling out of the system using disa, can you make multiple calls without having to hang up and redial the disa dn? the main reason i turned the disa on is because i wanted to be able to park calls, page employees out of the office using their beepers, they call the disa number and enter the call park code and get the call without operator assistance. this dosnt seem to work. any suggestions? thanx

scott wood
callmgtsys@aol.com

Perhaps the real question is does DISA work with PRI?

PhM

the disa will allow me to call out on pri a. i just seem to have problems w/ the features and calling stations. there does not seem to be any specific info in the installer's guide about what features will and will not work on disa. looks like not too many folks are using this feature.

scott wood
callmgtsys@aol.com

Nah, I don't use it a whole bunch but I am wondering if you were to set up a target line with the rec'd # being an ext. number. Then call into the DISA line and dial that ext. number.

I am wondering if perhaps it's acting like an E&M connection. You know... when you call into the 'other side' on an E&M trunk you are technically getting intercom tone of that system but you still have to have a target line assigned per phone with matching rec'd digits. MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

If you find a tip helpful, please mark it as such.

Yes, as MRoberts suggests, when using DISA you will need to create target lines for the stations you wish to dial. It is just like an E&M connection using auto answer trunks.
DueE

HEY DueE!
Cool. I was just speculating. I hadn't had a chance to try it out yet.
Thank you so much for making me look smart here at work. ;-) MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

Okay, now I have made myself lost again.
How in the heck are you answering with DISA on a PRI? That prompt doesn't even appear with PRI Lines or Target Lines. MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

I would suggest transfering the calls to their cell phones or setting up their mailboxes to page them when they have a message.

john1@refurbphones.com
I just tested it from here and you can not pick up a parked call from the Disa DN or Auto DN or an auto answer line.

well i guess call park is not one of the disa features. does any one know what the features are you can access? how can you reach the system operator once into disa?. when calling out of the system, can you make multiple calls with out having to redial the disa for each call? thanx
sscott1234@aol.com

Set up a target line with the rec'd digits being the extension number you want to be able to dial. Assign that target line to that extension.

IE., Target line 145, Rec'd digits: 221. Assign target line to extension 221.

Call in to the system, once you have dial tone, dial 221 and it will ring that phone! MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back