Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS configuration task list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2011
US
In a version of the StarTalk install and/or administration guide I have there is a very handy table of tasks, broken up into two sections - Set Up Tasks and Operation Tasks. For example (and I don't know if these are ordered with any kind of priority in mind) the first five items in the Set Up Tasks list are:

Completing the StarTalk Programming Record
Preparing StarTalk Information
Setting Date and Time
Setting Business Hours
Recording Company Greetings

Is there anything like this for the MICS?

Reason I ask is that I found out a couple of days ago that my CO lines were set to Pulse when I called a vendor from inside the phone room and couldn't use their Auto Attendant. If I hadn't called from the phone room I wouldn't have heard the MICS clicking through the numbers as I tried to enter them and probably wouldn't have a clue what was wrong.

It would have been really handy to have a basic configuration tasks list that was something like:

1) Set Date and Time
2) Change Lines from Pulse to Tone
3) Set Prime Line
4) Etc...

There is far too much programming in a MICS vs a Voice Mail system as well every site is different.

Your tech forgot to program the supervision is all.
You would have eventually noticed an issue from any other phone then called the tech in and problem fixed instantly.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I seem to recall that when trying to use tone dialling over pulse lines that you can press either the * or # button to activate the tones to function.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back