Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS comes up "In Maintenance"

Status
Not open for further replies.

almostretired

Vendor
Jan 20, 2004
Strange one today. Had to remove a Trunk module and 2 port Fibre expansion from an MICS running 6.1. They'd been installed in error - Sales!!!

I powered down, removed the expansion card and powered up again. All sets came up saying "In Maintenance" and the customer was out of service. After 10 minutes I rebooted and same thing.
I reinstalled the expansion card rebooted and it came up just fine. Tried disabling the expansion port (#4) powered down, pulled the card and rebooted back to "In Maintenance"

Has anyone encountered this before and found a method to pull an expansion card?

There are several reasons I'd rather not do a startup, not the least of which is the aggravation to the customer.

Curly - being almost retired means I get to pick and choose the jobs I want which is very satisfying.

If you leave in the 2 port fiber you'll be ok. But if you take it out then the system sees it as a downgrade. Maybe bring it up with no Trunk Mod then do a Backup. Then power down and back up and do a "Start Up" like exsmogger said. Then when you bring it back up without the Fiber card try to load the programming from your back up. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back