Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS Centralized voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcs226

Technical User
Apr 22, 2008
US
I have a customer with 2 MICS linked via private PRI and a centralized NAM voice mail a site A. Site B is now complaining that they cannot use F986 to tranfer to voicemail and when they use TRANSFER it ring the extension (which they do not want).
They also do not want to use DND on the sets.

Should I recoomend they go back to seperate voicemail systems or has someone come up with a different solution?

Thanks.

none of the feature codes will function on the remote site

it is the same way with the newer callpilot

you would need to setup a target line for the vmail and then some one can transfer to it and then press the * and ext number to get to said mailbox then complete the transfer

mike

I've never done it myself but I'm pretty sure there is a way to allow numerous Norstar systems to network into and use the Mod Plus (NAM) as a centralized voice mail system, which is why it supports 1000 mailboxes. Not sure if it's a seamless interface though.

Phonehed in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back